Adventure is worthwhile
What you must know
- Minimum rental duration and costings period is 7 days.
- Vehicle rental is calculated per calendar day e. g collection day and return day will be counted as full days irrespective of the time.
- Licence A valid EB or code 8 national or an English international driver’s licence for vehicles less than 3500kg is required.
- The minimum age permitted to rent is 21 years and the maximum is 70 years.
- All our vehicles are fitted with an eToll tag. These tags are debited with gantry levies in Gauteng, and also open gates on debit at toll gates on the major roads in South Africa that carry the eToll logo.
- This fee of R500 will be included in your quotation.
- A claim handling fee of R500 is charged on all damage or accident claims. 4×4 Cross Adventures is not responsible for any damage or theft to items of a personal nature.
- Travel and personal medical insurance is highly recommended.
- Liability to 3rd party included to a maximum of ZAR 2 500 000
Exclusions The renter is fully liable for any damage to the vehicle or 3rd party property if:
- Any terms of the rental contract is breached
- Damages are sustained when the driver is in violation of any traffic laws or ordinances
- Damages are sustained when the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driving on the wrong side of the road, driving on restricted or unrecognized roads.
- Damages related to water submersion or salt water damage (a vehicle may not go through water higher than 30cm in depth)
- If the vehicle was driven in a country in which written approval was not obtained
- Damage with the incorrect use of the hand brake
- Damage to the clutch (all faults to the clutch can be reported up to 3 days after collection, thereafter it is deemed as the renter’s responsibility). The cost of the clutch is approximately ZAR15 000.
- If the incorrect fuel is pumped into the tank or fuel into the water tank. A cost of ZAR20 000 will be incurred.
- Any damages to the vehicle or equipment that 4×4 Cross Adventures has not been made aware of on the return of the vehicle.
- Only valid Visa/MasterCard credit cards, EFT or bank transfer payments are accepted for rentals, security deposits and excesses.
- The holder of the credit card needs to be present at vehicle collection.
- 25% deposit is payable to confirm the booking.
- Full payment must be received within 31 days on booking the vehicle.
- 4×4 Cross Adventures is not responsible for any currency fluctuations that may occur.
- A security deposit of ZAR 10 000 is payable on all rentals. It is fully refundable upon the safe return of the equipment and vehicle. Should the security deposit not cover the full extent of the damage, the renter is liable for the difference.
- Security deposit is utilized in the event of one of the following:
- Missing/broken items including GPS, fridges, compressors, tents, keys etc.
- Filling up/top up of the fuel tank
- Major accident and excess payment.
- Full valet ZAR850 if vehicle returned excessively dirty.
- Damage to the rims/tyres or windscreen.
- Minor accident damage (too small to claim from insurance)
- Traffic fines. Refer also to vehicle accidents and insurance cover.
- The security deposit will be refunded in full within 14 days should all of the above be in order. If not, the balance will be refunded together with the valid receipts within 21 days.In case of damages exceeding the security deposit you will be notified in advance and the balance will be charged to your credit card.
- Due to the nature of the terrain small repairs might be needed. Small repairs of up to ZAR1000 may be affected without prior authorisation from 4×4 Cross Adventures and such repairs will be reimbursed if all original receipts are attached.
- Amounts above ZAR1000 will require verbal or telephonic approval from 4×4 Cross Adventures.
- 31+ days: banking costs only
- 15-30 days 50% of total rental cost
- 0-14 days 100% of total rental cost